Help on Lavender Henk, a little on Almond as well

Didn’t PM the question Henk as some others might be interested.

I’ve tried all the Lavender creams on offer from the three T’s and Harris and all of them have caused an uncomfortable reaction ranging from slight burning to a bad red rash. Yet I’ve been using the T&H Ultimate Comfort cream and face wash that list Lavender flower oil and had no such reaction (sorry don’t have the lavender ingredients for the other creams to note). Is this common or is my face anal. (Space left for comments..!).

I think Fido might have posted something along these lines with regards to Almond products. This is also the case with me, I can use almond creams but not soaps (shave sticks).

Thanks in advance for your thoughts; it’s just been bugging me. :)

Regards
Richard.

Lavender can be allergenic, although the allergens in there are not specific to lavender (the almond allergens are specific to almond) so if you react to lavender, you'd expect to be sensitive to other fragrances too.

That being said, there are different types of lavender, extracted from different cultivars, but also species, that may differ in their allergenicity; there's also (high quality) artificial lavender fragrance oils (i.e. not distilled from lavender, but they may still be formulated from natural ingredients, or the ingredients may be synthetic). All of these may have different effects on your skin.

So it is not impossible to be sensitive to one product with lavender scent, but not the other...

Back
Top Bottom