HELP

chaps, i need some ideas of an aftershave to put in a birthday box for my mates boys 18th.

brush and soap are taken care of, just the splash needed.

nowt expensive and it can't be a own brand - kids :roll: if he likes it he'll be buying his own in future so no high end stuff for now, easily bought supermarket stuff is fine.

they probably all wear a generic 'Cool Water ' type of scent these days so i suppose i'm leaning towards an aquatic style.

i've only come up with Floid Blue (big bottle if he doesn't like it) and OS Whitewater (looks cool but i've never smelt it :oops: )
unfortunately Paul is sold out of Pitralon Polar which was my first choice

any suggestions gratefully recieved

OS whitewater has that modern 'marine' or 'aquatic' note that the youngsters (and the laydees) like today.

Quite nice actually, but try before you buy it - if possible.

Can't see a modern young chap going for Tabac - far too flowery.

i agree with joe, Tabac is out i'm afraid.

thing is it'd be easy enough to get a nice scent but to keep with our traditions and wet-shaving ethos it's got to work as an aftershave as well.

Hando Im guessing at 18 they are gonna want trendy and cool & no doubt expensive :D but I did try a whiff of Jasper conrans ( i think) which was nice and young enough for them maybe ...black and white leaf patterned box from memory..try it out in the shop

Stay away from anything with beckham in the name though!

Adidas and Gillette have their own brand AS in Boots for less than a tenner, it all smells like generic marine ozone and I didn't like any of it so it must be for lads half my age, not all available on-line though so check your local. The other product that springs to mind is an M&S own brand AS but can't remember the name for now, somebody recommended it in AS review for a fiver, it's callled Harvard I think, but you cannot tell it's from Marks.

sorry about the delay answering hunny, budget isn't as much me being a tight arse more what the lad will spend next time he needs to replenish his stock.

i'd say £10 would be tops

Andy - i'd eat my own arse before i bought anything brand Beckham

heading down to the worlds smallest Boots today to have a sniff of what's on offer.

keep em coming lads

+1 on Adidas and M&S.

Adidas is pretty generic marine-smelling stuff that's always popular.

I tried two M&S offerings recently: Harvard and another whose name I can't quite remember (Forest Green? Woods something?). Didn't like the Harvard on application, but it smelled pretty good an hour or two later on. The Forest/Woods/whatever wasn't bad on the drydown either. Both were priced round the £5 mark, so good value.

A large Boots store should stock the FCUK range (colognes I think). Not sure about the price I'm afraid, but smell okay. Just as importantly, for 18-yr olds, the brand is a cool-sounding name.

For affordable 'cool' brands, check out a TK Maxx or TJ Hughes.

Failing any of that, stump up a few more nuggets and go for Sex Panther. (Or Stud!) ;)

Its a tricky one Hando .... given the budget and him re-buying cheaply/easily problem ,maybe the re-branded old spice might be worth a try.they are trying to give some A/s a younger image and he could save up for a cologne he can impress the ladies with himself then :D

Back
Top Bottom