Hi :) First post - Brush recommendations, please :)

The first response to your original post was spot on, so I've nothing to add as far as brush recommendations, but thought you might like to know that Bluebeard's Revenge soap is rebranded Mitchell's Wool Fat soap. Kent soap is also MWF. Good stuff.
@PLANofMAN thank you for that very enlightening titbit of information. :) I've just received two 20g sample jars of BR this morning and can't wait to try it, as I have heard some very positive reviews from friends that use it. :)

@PLANofMAN thank you for that very enlightening titbit of information. :) I've just received two 20g sample jars of BR this morning and can't wait to try it, as I have heard some very positive reviews from friends that use it. :)
Sounds like you have the shave cream samples. I never tried those, as their shaving cream has decelerine in it. As an avid wet shaver, I want to shave more, not less. As far as I know, their shave cream, unlike just about everything else they sell, is not a rebranded product.

Bad luck, you got found out!

I prefer the club of skilled experts in getting to the door first when the post arrives!

The "under the radar" club, alternatively known as those who intercept the postie on his rounds!

+1 PLANofMAN, try Mitchell's Wool Fat soap, you won't regret it. Maybe next month.

Regards,
Chris

Decided to try the Boots blades and Erasmic shaving soap, in lieu of the Derbys, which were tugging a little and the Nivea sensitive shaving cream on my two day growth.
I did minimal prep; just washed my face with hot water and then left a wet, hot flannel on my face for a few minutes, before lathering up the Erasmic as best I could (I'm still learning!) but OMG talk about a night and day difference! :D :D
Although I struggled to get a good lather with the Erasmic (I live in a hard water area :( ), I did manage to get an exceptionally close shave with the Boots razors. :D I'd say very nearly a BBS shave, after just two passes, with the only exceptions being a couple of nicks, where I scratched the razor bumps left by the Derbys a couple of days ago and the other area which I always struggle with, namely the jawline, on the ATG stoke.
Post shave, I did my usual routine; two thorough passes with an Alum block, followed by a rinse with hot water, then liberally applied some Nivea post shave balm and let it dry naturally on my face. :)

I am really liking this 65R and now I've found a blade that it likes, I'm hoping I can get a near BBS shave consistently with each outing. :)

Me again! :D
I've just been reading back through this thread and totally gobsmacked by the brilliant advice and generosity of the forum members here.
I've only been here 5 days and I feel like it's a home from home. :)

Getting back OT (and putting away the kleenex :p ) I was looking at some Semogues on the bay and would like your advice, as to which would be the better brush for me; namely the 1305 or the Semogue Owner's Club Premium with Cherry wood handle?
Both are beautiful brushes and aesthetically, my choice would be the OC, but I don't want to make the mistake of buying on looks alone.
Both brushes are pretty much the same price, with the OC coming from PT and the 1305 UK shipped. I don't envisage any problems with the OC coming from PT as it's an EU country, but the seller quotes 5-8 working days.

I can't comment on the 1305/SOC, but only that I love my semogue 620 and 610. Both are perfect size for face lathering and when broken in are lovely and soft on the face. You won't go wrong with whichever semogue you choose. Enjoy :)

Back
Top Bottom