How you lather with SC?

When using shaving soap it is more common to have the wet brush put on directly on the soap and "rubbed" on it a bit and then face or mug lather.

What about creams? Do you also use the same method or do you just apply a small qty on your face or in the mug and then start working it with the wet brush?

I m just curious because I do not know if the cream can stand the moisture that will be left if a wet brush is used directly on it while being in the bowl.

For creams I just dip the badger brush, one squeeze so it is still wet but not dripping, then a shallow dip in the cream. I lather on my face. This always works for me.

Or if using a "tube" of cream wet brush, squirt a bit of cream on brush (about 1cm long) and then lather onto face or in mug/bowl/palm.

I have cream in a tube up at the caravan and cream in a tub at home, although I also use a hard soap when the mood takes me, but always face lathering.

The only creams I have are in tubes. I squeeze a bit out and rub it all over my face, then proceed to lather it up with my brush. Seems to work for me.

As a rule of thumb I take an almond sized blob of cream and spread it round the base of the bowl with a small plastic spatula. I remove my brush from a pre soak in a mug and gently flick out excess water. Then I massage the cream with the tips of the brush to build the lather. Much easier to add water than remove it! Just try different methods to determine your own preference.

I'm pretty much the same as NTS above but since the big Omega boar arrived, I've been using that instead of badger. I use Ingram's mostly and with that particular cream, its best to make sure the brush is fairly dry first. As Fido says, I've definitely found it easier to add water later if required than end up with a thin useless lather due to a sodden brush. Still learning but getting better slowly.

A drier brush than usual and perhaps a touch more cream and you've got a British made product that works brilliantly! I find the skin care to be excellent thus it was no surprise to find lanolin amongst the ingredients. Some folks won't get on with the lanolin but my skin seems to like it a lot. I am remembering to send you those Israeli creams, Carl. Just not getting beyond the garden gate at the mo, that's all. :blush:

P.S. What is your avatar btw, cannae work it out for the life of me and I suspect I should know it.

Back
Top Bottom