I have 3 brushes.

I have 3 Brushes and they seem to be able to cover all types of lather making.
I have a Edwin Jagger medium super badger good with all creams and some soaps but not all
A Men U Boar hair which is good for most soaps, creams and Face lather.
And finally a small Edwin Jagger best badger used for travel works with all creams and soaps including the soaps that need a fair bit of water to make a lather for me that is Arko soap for some strange reason and face lather.

Now you would think that the small EJ would be my favorite brush because it can do it all but its not because its a little scrubby for me. I prefer the soft super badger and the slightly less soft boar hair to the little EJ.
If I try a new soap for the first time I use the Boar hair or if its cream I use the super badger but if I get stuck usually with soap I use the little badger.

Now the question I ask is have I missed any angle brush wise for making a good lather?

A New forest of any discription, A 2 band badger either 2201 0r 2401. Both excellent. If you want something really special the tubby 2 which is Fidos twist on a simpson chubby 2, but better. i believe there is one for sale on here at the moment. :lol:

heroblob said:
A New forest of any discription, A 2 band badger either 2201 0r 2401. Both excellent. If you want something really special the tubby 2 which is Fidos twist on a simpson chubby 2, but better. i believe there is one for sale on here at the moment. :lol:

You don't work for Fido, do ya ????

Only joking due to your reply on another thread, with your attempt for me to purchase more you evil man !!! :evil:

Another vote for Fido's brushes. I have the original offering (2201) and the Tubby 2 and nothing touches them for price or quality IMO. The Tubby 2 is just awesome value and I turn to it more than any other brush.

(Did I get that right Peter? :D )

KRF1963 said:
Another vote for Fido's brushes. I have the original offering (2201) and the Tubby 2 and nothing touches them for price or quality IMO. The Tubby 2 is just awesome value and I turn to it more than any other brush.

(Did I get that right Peter? :D )

Yes, I can second that! :D *praying that Iron Fist Peter/Fido accepts this recommendation*

another vote for a 2201... by far the best brush ive owned and its a real "do everything" brush.

soft enough to pain lather on from creams... stiff enough to face lather perfectly. Soft enough to not feel scrubby, yet stiff enough to work with hard soaps.

Its the right size too, it just seems to do everything well, and may be one of the most "complete" brushes on the market.

Back
Top Bottom