If all the mods and admins took a week off...

To be honest probably yes, last night's blatant trolling being a case in question.

I've got no issues with rules to be honest providing they are reasonable to begin with and are then applied consistently and transparently. If everyone here stepped back and chilled out a little, I'm sure they would find that there is much more that unites us than divides us.

To be honest probably yes, last night's blatant trolling being a case in question.

I've got no issues with rules to be honest providing they are reasonable to begin with and are then applied consistently and transparently. If everyone here stepped back and chilled out a little, I'm sure they would find that there is much more that unites us than divides us.
Well, one can hope so.

Would anyone notice?

Unquestionably PoM. Over the past couple of years I've seen the heated emotions which, for instance, the Scottish Independence referendum generated and how easily that political debate could have errupted on what is, essentially a shaving forum. We've experienced disagreements in which members were offering personal details to each other to meet up to settle disputes. I've had one post deleted in the years I've been here, it seemed a harmless enough attempt at humour to me, however a member disagreed and I've got no probs with the action the mods took. What other online forum with thousands of international members allows the freedom of expression and liberty of speech we enjoy here ? Gosh, they even let us sing the praises of Kiss my Face !

JohnnyO. o/

Nice to see a thread with some optimism for once. Some of the threads lately have bantering, but it's more gallows humour than anything else.

I'm glad I turned you on to KmF, Johnny, as it is one of the unsung great shave creams. One of these days I'd like to try it head to head against Xpec, and see which is better.

A think Carl's thread is a welcome reminder that the mods are here because the workload for the admins would be too much without them. This a private members club not an un-moderated public space & I think HM & Boab have been quite restrained considering what you can get banned for on other boards.

"Just so you know

There are a few members who keep de-railing threads. Other members than step in to make comment, usually/often making good and valid points but frequently quoting the de-railing posts, or referring to it or their posts make no sense left in the void of removed de-railers.

With the amount of work being generated by those few - now and in the future - I will simply prune the thread back to good wood. Some innocent posts unfortunately get lopped off in the process. So, please, don't enter into discussion with de-railers but 'Flag' the post(s) that you believe are 'wrong'. Mods can then remove/other action the problem posts. Please accept my apology if you are caught up in the general pruning even though your post was reasonable.

As for the aggrieved de-railers, please take your grievances to Admin. The only thing that happens with your de-railing posts is that they get removed and nothing else happens.

Be cool! Be smooth!
Carl"

Back
Top Bottom