Ikon Razors Customer Service

"Whinging" or "Alerting forum members about supplier attitude"? Please feel free to form your own opinions.

Come to think of it I dislike the use of the word 'whinging' in this context and find it insulting. My post was informative, stated provable facts and gave my views on the tone of the replies. I simply said that a different approach would have been beneficial to all concerned.

I do not care if anyone here has had a superlative customer experience from this supplier, I DID NOT, and I think, given the nature of this forum, I have every right to say so.

I run my own business and I do not react to customer inquiries in this way. To tell a customer in a dismissive manner that "It's on the website" is a complete abdication of supplier resonsibility and is an action contrary to the best interests of a business. Even if the information is staring the customer in the face, they should get a courteous, detailed reply, perhaps FOLLOWED by a reference to a web site.

Every customer must be your only customer. Every customer must get your complete attention. Customers are the only reason that businesses exist. Without customers, owner and employees alike don't get to eat!

I spent a lot of time in Australia and so may well use 'whinging' differently to you. No insult intended but again, your choice to feel as you wish.

Clearly Greg has an attitude nearer the Australian than yours. I hope your business is somewhere near as successful as his.

Bechet45 said:
I spent a lot of time in Australia and so may well use 'whinging' differently to you. No insult intended but again, your choice to feel as you wish.

Clearly Greg has an attitude nearer the Australian than yours. I hope your business is somewhere near as successful as his.

I have a substantial number of Australian clients and I find their business attitude to be very like my own.

Within the context of the matter I mentioned, my business is more successful because I have NO customers who feel about my business the way I feel about Ikon. Yes - really!

There is much 'whinging' about Royal Mail and BT, for example, yet the market says that they are successful businesses. Does this mean they are exemplars of good business practice? I think not. How much more successful could they be if it were not for the fact that a large number of potential customers strive mightliy to avoid using them wherever their quasi-monoplies can be circumvented?

And finally -

Whinge - to complain, especially about something that does not seem important: "Oh stop whinging, for heaven's sake!" "She's always whingeing (on) about something."

My objection to the term arises from the element of "does not seem important". No-one, not even me, likes to think that what they have to say is unimportant. However, since no offence was intended none shall be taken.

Tall_Paul said:
I always think 'politeness costs nothing'. A polite reply and everyone is happy.

Yes, an as my old mammy used to say - 'If you come across someone without a smile - give them one of yours'.

This is for you Carl.:icon_razz:

Carl,

Having spent a lot of time in Australia myself over the last 21 years and living there for 6 years in 2 stints I would say that in the Australian vernacular that whinging has even more negative connotations than here in the UK typically the mainly used in Victoria epithet of " Bloody Whinging Pom's".

My experience of customer service in Australia is that it is in most cases absolutely explemary from the small one man concern to the multi nationals businesses Aussie offices, I think because the economy there has so many small business owners and operators who live and die by good "word of mouth"

Back
Top Bottom