Just whacked the Futur upto 6.5

Nicks are inevitable and the odd deeper gouge also happens, I nearly took the top of my finger off when adjusting the Futur with wet (and probably a little soapy) hands. I kept shaving and shouted on the missus to get a plaster, when she came in it must have looked like a suicide attempt. Amazing how a few drops of blood can look like a horror show.

The odd thing is that the blade is so sharp you rarely feel the cut happening, rather you tend to feel it when soap/water gets in and then it stings like a bugger.Take it you didn't rub Alum on it :eek:

Do you have a Styptic pencil (or matches)? if not it may be worth buying some. I used mine a few times when I was trying lots of new stuff, even taking the head off a pimple can cause a fair bit of bleeding; Styptic pencils they are not dear but very useful in these situations.

Something like this <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://connaughtshaving.com/styptic.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://connaughtshaving.com/styptic.html</a><!-- m -->

Pete - it wasn't blood that I objected to in the OBL thread, it was the way his eye had been shot out and left a mess in its place. Anyway, I'll agree on the styptic - I still have one, and get it out every time I shave, just in case. Haven't needed to use it in a while, but wouldn't like to say I'll never need to use it again. :lol: :roll:

Here you go Chris...

img13971.jpg

Shaving is for bare chested MEN, blood, animal hair, cold steel, nice warm cosy lather, not in any particular order.

If you squint you get the full gory effect, taken from CRIMEWATCH.

antdad said:
Here you go Chris...

img13971.jpg

Shaving is for bare chested MEN, blood, animal hair, cold steel, nice warm cosy lather, not in any particular order.

If you squint you get the full gory effect, taken from CRIMEWATCH.

I said I don't mind the photo "Bemused" posted at all. As to what happened in the other thread, I just think it's a bit distasteful to show a photo of someone (even someone responsible for thousands of deaths as Bin Laden was) with his head half blown apart, rather than posting the link so that people can decide for themselves or at least providing fair warning so that people scrolling down the page as I was aren't taken aback by what is a graphic image. As to your insinuation that I am failing in my male duties by mildly objecting to the lack of a warning, frankly, I don't give a flying f**k what you or anyone else here thinks. I have my own views on what I consider reasonable; you obviously have different views. Anyway, don't forget that we do have female presence here (Nanny) and I think we can allow her to be a little less Neanderthal about dead bodies, even if we don't allow ourselves to be.

We interrupt this argument to draw everyone's collective attention to the "report post" button - rather than start a flame war, report your concerns that way.

For those wondering it looks like
icon_post_report.gif
in the standard forum skin and probably quite similar in the others.

Thanks.

Now back to lobbing Exocet™ missiles at each other.

Oh dear, Nanny can look after herself, it's just a shame you couldn't take the jest as it was meant.

The OBL image was also edited as per your request, anyway in future inform the mods of anything else you may find offensive.

There is also a "foe" button you may want to engage, that'll save you being offended by any of my future posts.

antdad said:
Oh dear, Nanny can look after herself, it's just a shame you couldn't take the jest as it was meant.

The OBL image was also edited as per your request, anyway in future inform the mods of anything else you may find offensive.

OK, sorry chaps, got a bit hot-headed there. :oops: My excuse is that, as a physically-disabled male who has been made to feel in the past that my disability somehow reduces my masculinity, I tend to react badly to jokes in that direction, however well-intentioned. Consider how many men closely associate their physique, strength or sporting prowess to both their "downstairs equipment" and their machismo, and you might see how being somewhat physically defective (i.e. 4 feet tall and unable to stand) can make one's sense of one's own status a little fragile at times.

I honestly don't understand how we are comparing this poor man to Osama....

Anyway, nasty cut there, and this is why I got rid of my Futur, I get an amazingly close shave with my Gillette SuperSpeed Asjustable on 7, which is like a 2 on the future, but 1 on futur used to cut me to ribbons, each to their own, but I honestly believe the Futur is a risky razor for newcomers, even experienced members talk of cuts on here with it every now and then.

As said earlier, Shavette would be a next step... if you dare... but honestly you have like 40 odd years left of DE shaving before you probably won't have the steadyness to do it, so why rush into the next thing, get a few months under your belt, I have been shaving DE for about 5 months now, and tackled a Shavette first time a couple of weeks back, and seriously, that thing is easy as hell to cut yourself with, I tried it again last week and caught myself once (or so I thought) I had two inch long lines on my neck... and they didn't bleed but looked a mess.

I've never really understood the point of a shavette. You're still using a DE blade, or at least half a one, so the shave can't be any better than you would get with a DE razor..a shavette seems to me to be a safety razor without the safety...pointless. But that's probably just me missing the point.

Back
Top Bottom