Kent BK8 Review

Just thought I would post my review of the Kent BK8 I received for Christmas.

This is my first "expensive" (for me at least) brush. My previous brush was EJ Best Badger brush.

My criteria:
Must have a large enough handle to fill my Muhle Shaving Mug
Soft bristles
Gentler on my skin

The brush looks absolutely stunning in its presentation case, I was shocked by the size of it. The handle is so comfortable to grip much better than my previous EJ brush.

untitled08Jan12-11.jpg

I could tell before soaking the brush this thing was going to be soft on my face. I compared the size against my mug and was pleased to see the handle poking out the top. I like this mug a lot, it just wasn't ideal with my much shorter EJ brush. Before long lather would be all over the handle rather than the brush!

untitled08Jan12-15.jpg

untitled08Jan12-16.jpg

After its initial soak and left to sit in lathered cream to get any remaining smell out of the brush I took it for a test drive. I love the size of this brush, it covers my face in a gentle manor. The tips feel of a high quality and don't have the scratchiness that my EJ has. It lathers up well but was surprised at just how much water this brush could hold. People wanting a stiff brush would be disappointed, but it is the perfect density for me thus far.

untitled08Jan12-13.jpg

All in all I could highly recommend this brush to anyone wanting something large in there hands! I'm still getting used to how much water/cream to use with this brush. Previous complaints I had about little red marks on my neck seem to have almost disappeared after using this brush. This leads me to believe that perhaps the EJ brush was just to scratchy for my skin.

Can't go wrong with a Kent brush. Very good quality, and affordable.

It was my second 'proper' brush after my silvertip Shavemac, and is still in my rotation. in fact, used it last week to face lather some O'Melhor. If you fancy a real treat, use it with an Arko.

Fido said:
This was the first brush I bought after my Wilkinsons bristle which cost around £4. At about £80 the BK8 is one of the best value large silvertips. I still enjoy using it from time to time.

I never said thank you for inviting me over here from SMF! It was partly yor words that helped sway me to the BK8, I got it at a good price as shaving shack were offering a 10% discount code at the time as well.

I'm still adjusting to how much lather this brush can create, it's stilll lovely and soft really happy with it.

Very nice review. I felt the BK8 was a bit big for my needs and opted for the BK4 instead. I must say it's a truly wonderful brush that can do soaps or creams with equal aplomb. I love the face feel and could certainly live with this as my only brush.

Fortunately, that's not necessary. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom