Kindle Paperwhite

OK all, so I have well and truly broken my kindle and I am looking at upgrading to the paper white. I have however found a touch for 80.what do you all think of the paperwhite if you have one?

Love it to bits - but as I understand it the latest firmware for the Touch makes it very "Paperwhitey" - in fact the only differences would be the technology of the touch screen (capacitive on the PW, infrared on the Touch), the resolution (212ppi on the PW / 167ppi on the Touch), the frontlighting on the PW, the Touch having audio and larger memory 4GB (2GB in the PW)

Worth calling Amazon and laying it on with a trowel - I got a hefty discount on my Paperwhite despite my Kindle Keyboard being well out of warranty and smashed by my own clumsiness.

What have you done to your Kindle? Is it a KK or a K4? Smashed screen on a K3 can be repaired in about 30 minutes for about £25 (forget about it on a K4, they're glued together and not worth the effort of repair)

It's a 4. After dropping it I managed in my attempt to catch it to launch it against a foot rest edge. Screen cracked and case damaged. Maybe worth a try, how did you manage the discount?

£74 for paperwhite or 85 for the fire HD. Think a basic one was £46. So really good deal. But they are referbs. My parents surprised me by ordering me a paper white and case which just arrived! Yey!

Back
Top Bottom