Kropp in Marble Effect

Here is a Kropp just over 6/8 which was in pretty rough condition - there is some minor residual pitting on the spine area. The agents name is still very visible on the blade. I shaved with it last night and it is very comfortable.

I thought I'd try something different for the scales so I used a piece of swirly resin with acrylic spacer, copper pins and brass washers.

It's the first time I've used resin and I'm pleased with the finish. This is for sale at £80 - pm me if you are interested or want some more information.

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

Oh! keep us in suspenders, why don't you? Fourth photograph before we get to see those most beautiful scales! If my Fili has to be re-scaled I'd sure like it to be in this material. Terrific work, Rob.

Very, very nice, Rob. An artisan's work and from a wood lover's point of view, I like those scales a surprising amount. Usually, as soon as I read 'resin' I'm put off but those scales do it for me. Also +1 on the pins and I'm not usually keen on copper and brass together. I think its because every 'piece' in the final finished article just sing together and this makes it greater than the sum of its parts against my usual tastes. I keep looking at the pictures over and over again!

I could just imagine a matching brush in the same resin with two band badger and a copper-inside-brass disc set into the bottom. Hang the brush upside down in a matching chrome stand and whoah, that'd make some set.

Back
Top Bottom