Laptop Batteries and Suitable UK Carriers

Good Evening

I have recently sold my Macbook and I have two spare batteries which I would like to sell (within the UK), but I am having difficulty in finding a carrier who will accept and carry the items (including the Royal Mail).

Can anyone recommend a service or company which would allow these to be sent, or perhaps have found a carrier suitable in the recent past?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Stephen

It's due to fire hazard. If it's Dell, then there's a genuine concern, but other than that, I don't think there have been many fires on non-Dell laptops due to rubbish batteries.

Yodel state (at https://www.yodel.co.uk/sending/get-more-detail/prohibited-restricted-items.aspx):

... Dangerous Goods (these include but are not limited to lithium batteries,

So I suggest you ring, and ask if they can ship a complete MacBook, mobile phone, iPod, digital camera... they'll say "yes, of course", then state that you need to send the battery, tomorrow as the other bits are in transit at the moment and you're waiting for them to arrive. It's a bit hard for them to go back after that. You then have agreement to arrange collection and delivery. You could avoid the white-lie and just say "don't say you can't ship a battery then".

Back
Top Bottom