Lather or Blade issue ?

I had a shave yesterday using a Polisilver for the first time,it performed well until I was on my third pass,when shaving the neck area it "skipped" over the skin three or four times.
This has never happened to me before and it was the only new item in the shave.
I was using some of Nannys soft soap,which had performed well for two previous passes with a little Prorasso underneath (I am trying to kick the Proraso habit,honest,I am down to my last 2x500ml tubs of pre/post shave !)
Any ideas?
Regards,
Derrick

The Geordie Shaver said:
I had a shave yesterday using a Polisilver for the first time,it performed well until I was on my third pass,when shaving the neck area it "skipped" over the skin three or four times.
I was using some of Nannys soft soap,which had performed well for two previous passes with a little Prorasso underneath (I am trying to kick the Proraso habit,honest,I am down to my last 2x500ml tubs of pre/post shave !)
Any ideas?
Regards,
Derrick

Could be the blade passed over a patch with no stubble left, so it felt slick?

Gingerpose said:
The Geordie Shaver said:
Any ideas?
Regards,
Derrick

Could be the blade passed over a patch with no stubble left, so it felt slick?

try drying face after second shave, use a little more proraso then hot water and lather up again, i found this helped me a little while ago

proraso seems to make skin slightly sticky after rubbed in and this helps the lather stick on parts that have no more stubble left

From what's been said elsewhere it sounds like the Polsilvers are decent blades, so it's worth persevering and seeing whether you get the same thing on the second run out. The Super Iridiums were very good indeed by modern standards, so I hope you bought plenty of them.

Back
Top Bottom