Leather scales

Evening all
I have just gone and bought a joseph allen razor with leather scales.
as long as they dont turn out to be on there last legs does any body knowe how to look after them as leather and water can't be a good mix.

Arrowhead said:
Definitive answer in this thread. Neil's contribution, not mine!

Thanks for the link andy should have done a proper search first.The razor came in the post today and the scales are i would say are in not bad condition .
I quite like that it is all original but they are a bit dull to look at .

Not very pretty, are they? I've a vague recollection that they're often found on First World War vintage razors; they often seem to come with names and sometimes numbers scratched into them. Frankly I'd have no hesitation in replacing them with something nicer.

Arrowhead said:
Not very pretty, are they? I've a vague recollection that they're often found on First World War vintage razors; they often seem to come with names and sometimes numbers scratched into them. Frankly I'd have no hesitation in replacing them with something nicer.

Not at all pretty I was wondering if a bit of shoe polish may brighten them up :icon_razz: deffentley the ugly duckling of the razor scale world who knows some day they may be swapped for something with more sparkle.

Back
Top Bottom