Loch Tay soaps

Can't find any info online, MT. Have you a link or is it a case of going to their shop? Did see an archived mention of their shaving soap on B&B and on The Shave Den but apart from that, nothing.

Sorry.

I've seen them for sale in up-market tourist shops in Scotland, but I am too mean to have have bought one.

I have, though, used some of their hand soap as it was complimentary in the hotel. It certainly felt like a quality product so possibly the shaving soaps are too.

It's on Ebay for £3 + £2.40 postage. 9 variations of goat's milk soap. I've just ordered the Goat's Milk and Opiate (apparently smells like Opium fragrance). The seller on ebay is Jampsel. I'll try it and report back.

Used the Loch Tay Goat's Milk and Opiate SS. The smell is terrific, very like Opium A/s with a very slight medicinal note. Unfortunately, it was petty poor on the lathering front. Tried both the Best Badger and the Man-u synthetic, and eventually got a reasonable consistency going, but barely enough for one pass and had to start the process again for the second pass.
This morning though, I tried Nannys Ice & Slice with Goat Milk shaving soap. What a difference. It's almost like a cream, gives masses of lather instantly of good creamy consistency (smells very nice too). I finished the shave off with Nannys Vanilla Post Shave Hydration Serum which is brilliant. A couple of small drops soothes and seals the face for the rest of the day. It's a bit like Trumper's Skin Food only much better. Top marks Sharon.

Nanny's post shave hydration serum sounds very interesting. Do you use any aftershave first or is just cold water then serum? Very interested in the good lady's products but I've so much stuff to use!

Gairdner said:
Nanny's post shave hydration serum sounds very interesting. Do you use any aftershave first or is just cold water then serum? Very interested in the good lady's products but I've so much stuff to use!
Used the serum, let it settle for a few minutes, then the A/S. It comes in a little opaque bottle with a dropper so it will last for ages. This is the first time I've used Sharon's stuff but I will certainly try some of her other wares. I also bought her Shea Butter Hand Soap with Bergamot and Coriander ( not sure whether to eat it or wash with it)

Something else to keep in mind. Pop a few drops of this on, wait a wee while then splash on some Barbershop Bay Rum. Hmm, sounds really good. I take you are not needing any further moisturising cream as the serum does the trick?

Gairdner said:
Something else to keep in mind. Pop a few drops of this on, wait a wee while then splash on some Barbershop Bay Rum. Hmm, sounds really good. I take you are not needing any further moisturising cream as the serum does the trick?

Absolutely!

Back
Top Bottom