Looking for head...or heads

Hey chaps,

I'm hoping to have a couple of razor handles coming from Rafael in a few weeks time. Specifically a red bronze Goliath XL and a U2. I currently have a Weber DLC, Merkur 37c and a Muhle R89. I suspect the Weber will spend a lot of its time on one of those handles. I'm looking for something to go on the other. I like medium to aggressive razors, preferably something that could be used daily.

I know vintage Gillette closed comb heads don't work for me, but was wondering about an Open Comb head? New or vintage but not too expensive. Are there any closed combs heads that anyone can recommend that falls into the above categories?

Thanks in advance! Bloody expensive hobby all of this!

You could do a lot worse than a Gillette Old Style or a New. I've tried each and got a better shave from the Old but I'm still very much a learner so take that with a pinch of salt. They are both more agressive than a Gillette Tech, Rocket or Superspeed. The New style with its long combs is certainly a bonnie razor. Have fun!

I find short comb much more comfortable a shave. Long comb is unnecessarily aggressive - doesn't add value.

P.S. Old types are ven better, if you know how to use them.

Back
Top Bottom