Looking for information about this shaving kit

Hi, I recently inherited a safety razor kit that i've begun to use and really enjoy, but there appears to pieces missing and would like to look into replacing them as well, I am curious as to the history of what it could possibly hold. It was my grandfather's but my grandmother can't remember where or when he got it. The only writing it has on it is "Real Leather, made in England" that can be read on the strap in the middle of the case. I am located in canada, as was my grandfather, but my grandfather also served in WW2. I'm not sure if this is something he might have picked up before shipping home but it is still in very good condition. All that is in it now is the top of the razor, the handle, a razor blade (gillette brand) and a mirror. I can't seem to upload other photos as they are too large but I hope this one does justice.

Attachments

• IMG_3470.JPG
    IMG_3470.JPG
    1,004.1 KB · Views: 54
Firstly, Welcome Neil.
I'm going to hazard a few guesses. I reckon you're missing a styptic pencil (I'm guessing that it sits in the slot next to the razor), tweezers, scissors, nail file, toothbrush (possibly in two parts) and nail clippers?

The razor itself looks like a Ball End Tech but it's hard to determine more from the photo's... Lots of resources out there if you're interested in identification - this is a good site: http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/Tech/Tech.htm
You find Gillette Tech's in many different shaving kits although yours appears to have been made by Gillette so you may have a better chance finding resources to determine exactly what is missing. My inclination would be to put various terms into the ubiquitous search engine's image search.

Good luck and once again, be welcome.

1950s at the earliest. And truth be told it seems that the razor is most definitely a 1950s aluminum handle ball end tech.

Other then that the leather seems to have been cut porely, say new trainee at work.. is that the case appears to have been unused other then to put a razor into it. No scuffing or any indication that anything other then the razor was ever actually put into the set.

Back
Top Bottom