Lucky razor find?

Well I would like to show you a restoration and lucky find I came across on the Bay, I usually wont pay much over £10 or £15 pounds for my razors because most of the ones I look at always need some sort of restore, but this one caught my eye, even though I really didn't pay to much for the razor it was just a little more than i'm usually prepared to pay, anyway the description was a Taylors 1000 unused in the original box ? now I could see it had very light surface rust and staining, but it certainly looked good and if I could get that for a good price I was sure I could put that razor back to new condition, because it had been sitting in the box for maybe 60 or 70 years a rare find for any vintage razor, well luck was on my side I put my bid in the last 6 seconds, and I won the razor, the razor arrived and I ccould see without doubt it as never been used or honed since it left the factory, so I got down to it quickly, removing the pins the two faux ivory spacers, no wedge in this razor just a faux ivory back spacer, well she cleaned up like a dream the scales came up beautifully, not a single scratch mark on them then I put her back together new pins and washers, taped the spine give her the first hone and strop in maybe 60 or 70 years shave ready and waiting, well now here come the photo's. PS and yes it really does look better than the photo's

Regards Jamie.

untitled2-1.png

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

Sweet blade Jamie! No hone wear and a lovley looking razor indeed (I'm prob wrong, but is it common that they come in three pin scales?).

Mikael said:
Sweet blade Jamie! No hone wear and a lovley looking razor indeed (I'm prob wrong, but is it common that they come in three pin scales?).

I'm not to sure Mikael, but everything is as it was when it left the factory, always a nice feeling getting your hands on something that old that's never been used.

Regards Jamie.

Very nice. I haven't got one of those, every time I try to get one the price goes up and up.:icon_mad:

You did a fantastic job on the restoration.:icon_razz:

Hope you enjoy shaving with it.

Did a good job there fella!

I got one that had a little damage at the toe so I ground about 1/4" off and made it into a spike point, great shaver!

Mine has got 3 pins also.

Cheers

Yes I have seen a few with three pins as well, anyway thanks for the thumbs up guys, I have no more restorations left so i'm on the look out, with some more luck who knows what will come my way, maybe a Filarmonica or a nice vintage Boker.

Regards Jamie.

Back
Top Bottom