Manufacturer of shaving creams

CSC

I am looking for a manufacturer of shaving creams, preferably based in the UK, to help us create our own cream. Any suggestions?

Best,
the Cambridge Shaving Company.

I think Creightons make just about every shaving cream in the UK with a few exceptions, but they're very cagey gentlemen (understandably) about who their actual clients are. I know that Body Shop have theirs made there along with those mentioned by Chris.

The three T's don't like to let on, (again, corporate confidentiality is understandable) but a chap in Taylors tried to tell me that they make their own creams in some secret location. I'm willing to bet that location is Peterborough!

Nearly every premium* UK shaving cream performs (and looks) the same in my experience, the same consistency, gloss, thickness, texture, behaviour... and it must be a pain to have to set up your own manufacturing process for your designs when someone else will do it for you. So it's not a great leap to surmise that Creightons are involved in the majority.

* (When I say Premium I mean anything over about a fiver). After that price point the main difference is fragrance and packaging.

Canuck said:
Nearly every premium* UK shaving cream performs (and looks) the same in my experience, the same consistency, gloss, thickness, texture, behaviour... and it must be a pain to have to set up your own manufacturing process for your designs when someone else will do it for you. So it's not a great leap to surmise that Creightons are involved in the majority.

I am pretty certain that Castle Forbes manufacture their own cream. Their own website doesn't say much but retailers certainly make out that that's the case.

Pig Cat said:
I am pretty certain that Castle Forbes manufacture their own cream. Their own website doesn't say much but retailers certainly make out that that's the case.

I'm equally sure that they don't - for a long time their corporate contact number was a Guildford number - quite a distance from the castle itself. I don't think it's as cottage industry as you might think.

hunnymonster said:
Pig Cat said:

I'm equally sure that they don't - for a long time their corporate contact number was a Guildford number - quite a distance from the castle itself. I don't think it's as cottage industry as you might think.

Well thank you for shattering my illusions. At least it's true that Sharon gives each of her soaps a little kiss before packaging them up to send. :heart:

Also, your timing on the I Coloniali shaving products is great, considering that the only US retailer (London's Bathecary) has been notified by the manufacturer that they're no longer selling those products in the US. I Coloniali from bodybathshop is of unmatched quality. After some roaming around on the web and a bit of research, I actually have an answer! According to shave cream manufacturer in the UK, a gentleman can get 12-13 shaves/ounce of product.

Andrea

CSC said:
I am looking for a manufacturer of shaving creams, preferably based in the UK, to help us create our own cream. Any suggestions?

Best,
the Cambridge Shaving Company.

My first port of call would probs be a PM to our own Prof Blighty, who seems to produce fairly reasonable quantities of his soaps.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

'CSC' not been on here for about 4 months.
One and only one post.
I can't see any google results for the Cambridge Shaving Company.
I would imagine it was a speculative request rather than anything of substance.

Back
Top Bottom