Menthol Study

To be fair, aromatherapy isn't so much about smelling smells as about absorbing the extracts of certain plants through the skin (probably through the nose as well). The idea that plant extracts have no medical benefits unless synthesised and copyrighted is put into our heads by Big Pharma. Even the humble aspirin is basically extract of willow bark and has been used medicinally for 2500 years.

This is interesting research both because of its surprising mode of operation but not least because anything that can slow down or reduce these awfully cruel degenerative diseases has to be a massive bonus.

Maybe I will use up the rest of my Proraso Green preshave even though it does little to improve the shave.

That's an interesting website you got there Bogeyman. Further down the same page this caught my eye. I would never have thought this but it certainly rings true for me, as my depression, lack of energy and full body pain pretty much coincide with working from home 5 days a week due to the pandemic. And now I choose to for economic reasons as well as an extra hour in bed that I definitely need. Maybe I should start going back to the office.

To be fair, aromatherapy isn't so much about smelling smells as about absorbing the extracts of certain plants through the skin (probably through the nose as well). The idea that plant extracts have no medical benefits unless synthesised and copyrighted is put into our heads by Big Pharma. Even the humble aspirin is basically extract of willow bark and has been used medicinally for 2500 years.

This is interesting research both because of its surprising mode of operation but not least because anything that can slow down or reduce these awfully cruel degenerative diseases has to be a massive bonus.
I agree entirely. My comment was a bit of deadpan irony.

Back
Top Bottom