Mergress Vs Progress

Just got my Mergress from Duncan this week and I've used it a couple of times but I'm not getting the same performance as I did with my Progress. I don't know if it's the extra weight or not but my shaves haven't been as good and I'm getting more irritation with it.
I'm obviously going to persist with it for a while and see if I can get used to it, as its an amazing looking razor, but I'm starting to think thank god I didn't put my Progress up for sale yet.
Has anyone else compared the two an found the same or does anyone prefer the Mergress?

Johnus said:
You may want to look for the directions on taking it apart and cleaning it. It helped the preowned Progress that I have.

Yeah, I did take it apart and give it a clean. Had to recalibrate it too once I'd put back together.

Well..... I went back to the Progress for a shave last night to compare it with my recent Mergress shaves and the result..... BBS with no irritation. How can two razors shave so differently when all they have is a different knob (oooh er!)
Let the knob jokes commence!

NNathwani said:
Well..... I went back to the Progress for a shave last night to compare it with my recent Mergress shaves and the result..... BBS with no irritation. How can two razors shave so differently when all they have is a different knob (oooh er!)
Let the knob jokes commence!

Well, in my own case when I made a comment about my Mergress I was immediately asked which end of the razor the "knob" I was talking about was located. Not a query I'll phrase in that way again !

JohnnyO. \:blush:

Think I've finally tamed the beast.
Have now had 2 or 3 shaves in a row with fantastic results with the Mergress. I now adjust the razor after each pass. Set it at a high setting for the first pass, WTG, dial it down by 1 for the second, XTG, then down by 1 for the last pass, ATG. Didn't do this with my Progress where I just set it and left it for all 3 passes.
Really happy with this razor now. :)

Back
Top Bottom