Merkur Futur versus Vision

Does the Vision give a better shave than the Futur or have other advantages? I just started shaving with a Futur and get a BBS shave, without nicks or irritation, every time.

Vision costs double the Futur, but if it is the ultimate in modern DE shaving, maybe I should try it...or not. Advantages. Disadvantages.

Has anyone tried both?

Interesting to read about the Vision, which I have never used. Stopped using my Futur months ago. Doubt if I will ever go back to the Futur.

I have 2 futur's and had a vision. I didn't like the vision. The futur shaves better and feels better in the hand compared to the vision.

Johnus said:
lindyhop66 said:
I missed a Toggle a few days ago on eBay that went for around $90.

I believe it was 88$ including shipping. Beautiful and it shaves even better than it looks. Yes, it was I.

You lucky thing! I got in too late from work. I can't believe no one else picked up on it. There's a gold one in good shape from Greece now.

I'm liking my Futur. I did a cold shave with my (non-toggle) Fatboy set at 8, this morning and got a great shave with it.

49er said:
Interesting to read about the Vision, which I have never used. Stopped using my Futur months ago. Doubt if I will ever go back to the Futur.

What didn't you like about the Futur and what do you use instead?

tyke121 said:
I have both and its the futur first for me .

I have both and its the futur first for me between the two , i prefer my ikons now as i like the choice of open and closed .

Speaking of modern razors, I have a Weber (American made) and have considered the Ikon but the cost gets me and then there's the Pils. The Pils looks great, but that's way out there expensive. There aren't many places to buy it and I haven't heard of how well or easy it shaves.

Lindyhop66

I like to alternate. My main weapons of choice are an iKon Bulldog, a Feathers AS-D1, a Bostonian, a fatboy, a slim and a Progress. I also enjoy an Old and a New, but not on the original handles. At the moment the New is on a long, slim iKon handle I picked up cheaply and the Old is on a bullmastiff handle I was fortunate enough to pick up on this forum.

So with an EJ and one or two others, the Futur doesn't get a look in. But to be fair, it had pretty much fallen into disuse anyway.

Why? It gives a perfectly acceptable shave, although I find it doesn't get on with some blades. This is going to sound a bit weak, but it just isn't as much fun as other razors, I just don't enjoy it as much. And the iKon, the Bostonian and the Feathers give me a significantly better shave. YMMV, of course, and perhaps I am simply not that good with the Futur.

The Vision looks pretty cool... if it was a DIY tool for planeing wood. As a razor it looks somewhat scary, how are you supposed to shave your moustache area with that monster?

Back
Top Bottom