Merkur Vision 2000

Is it just me????

I know the vast majority of you DE fans hate this mallet of a razor but I just love it, Recently discovered how good it is with feather blades and its my daily shave.

I must admit the size is daunting but the weight and feel it gives is just superb. I also use a futur and an EJ 89DB but the Vision is the daddy imho.

anyone else like me......or am I in a minority of one!

Even Merkur don't like it....they have discontinued it so as far as I am concerned this will be the future 'fatboy' :icon_cheesygrin:

Have to say the futur is a gorgeous razor, esp in brushed satin chrome like mine, I often use it for a tidy-up or under my nose but being 6'3 and having hands like shovels (no, I'm not a gynaecologist !) the Vision just feels better in my hand.........however I've been told iKon with the bulldog handle might be worth a look. not a make I'm familiar with.

The vision is on my wish list so not the best news that it's been discontinued. I suppose if it is a "marmite" razor then there will always be second hand ones for sale.

privatedoc said:
Have to say the futur is a gorgeous razor, esp in brushed satin chrome like mine, I often use it for a tidy-up or under my nose but being 6'3 and having hands like shovels (no, I'm not a gynaecologist !) the Vision just feels better in my hand.........however I've been told iKon with the bulldog handle might be worth a look. not a make I'm familiar with.

Have a look on here should give you an idea,I've just bought a IKon S3S head and use it with a home made S/S handle

http://connaughtshaving.com/ikon.html

Attachments

• Razors 012.jpg
    Razors 012.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 16
I have a Merkur Vision, it's a well made razor but as you say heavy, I've nick named my one "THE KING TIGER TANK" it gives a fuss free shave.

However if I wasn't in love with my vintage razors I'd drag it out a bit more....but only to invade Poland,and crush police cars :icon_razz:

Think mine was about £80 new, boxed and with 10 merkur blades (though I prefer feather or wilky sword)

Dobbo25 said:
Have a look on here should give you an idea,I've just bought a IKon S3S head and use it with a home made S/S handle

http://connaughtshaving.com/ikon.html

would the bulldog handle fit an EJ89 ??? certainly tempted by the iKons....lovely engineering.

Back
Top Bottom