Monteverde Ink

Just acquired a bottle of this - in burgundy - the name of the colour is reasonable given that it looks like a wine stain - seems to write ok and dry reasonably quickly.

Made in Austria apparently (packaged in the USA) and has "the world's latest leading European ink treatment formula (ITF)" included which "drastically improves ink-flow quality, extends cap-off time and lubricates and protects the ink feed from corrosion and clogging."

Sounds like a lot of marketing hyperbole to me :)

More when I write some more with it to see how it acts.

hunnymonster said:
Just acquired a bottle of this - in burgundy - the name of the colour is reasonable given that it looks like a wine stain - seems to write ok and dry reasonably quickly.

Made in Austria apparently (packaged in the USA) and has "the world's latest leading European ink treatment formula (ITF)" included which "drastically improves ink-flow quality, extends cap-off time and lubricates and protects the ink feed from corrosion and clogging."

Sounds like a lot of marketing hyperbole to me :)

More when I write some more with it to see how it acts.

What are you writing it with? Anything with a particularly dry nib?

I'm looking forward to the full write-up, thanks

Well - here's an update - been using it for my standard meeting minutes for nearly a week now in a Reform 1745 pen - there's nothing to say really - it's ink, approximately wine-coloured when it's heavily-written and like a washed out wine-stain when lightly written and I've had no sputtering or scratching. Nothing dramatic about it, can't see any massive gain from the presence of ITF... nor any penalty.

Back
Top Bottom