Morris & Forndran Style 1 Size 1 Brush

What say yea old shaving brush experts. Yea or Ney

MF011 - The Morris & Forndran Style 1 Size 1 (Small) is a handmade brush with a lathe turned, hand polished handle in Imitation Porcelain. It is filled with a deluxe two-band grade of 100% silvertip badger that they call "Blonde Badger". It has very resilient bristles, yet soft tips.

Overall brush height: 85mm
Handle height: 42mm
Brush Loft: 43mm
Knot diameter: 22mm

Made in the United Kingdom
[attachment=3961]

Attachments

• M&F S1S1 Porcelain Blonde Badger Detail.jpg
    M&F S1S1 Porcelain Blonde Badger Detail.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 37
Just judging by the photo, specs and use of Rooney brushes.

A very nice little brush. Identical to a popular Rooney design - not surprising as it was probably made by the same person. The hair will be very firm with soft tips. Personally, I would think that a 43mm loft was a little too low, but that's a very individual thing. Clearly a face latherers brush that will serve you well with hard soaps. Without knowing price one cannot comment on the question of value for money.

Intrigued by "imitation porcelain" is it simply white polyester resin?

Fido said:
Just judging by the photo, specs and use of Rooney brushes.

A very nice little brush. Identical to a popular Rooney design - not surprising as it was probably made by the same person. The hair will be very firm with soft tips. Personally, I would think that a 43mm loft was a little too low, but that's a very individual thing. Clearly a face latherers brush that will serve you well with hard soaps. Without knowing price one cannot comment on the question of value for money.

Intrigued by "imitation porcelain" is it simply white polyester resin?

I would think white resin would be the answer. As for as price, between $99 - $109 USD.

A loft that low would make it a really really scrubby brush.

I have a 25/53 blonde and it's just about perfect. It's 3mm more than what I'd normally go for but the hair is quite stiff, any less and it would be quite scratchy and way too scrubby.

I'd say you'd need to increase the loft around 2-4mm.

That's just my preference though.

Fido said:
Price presumably excludes taxes and delivery to USA?

That's the price delivered to my door. No taxes on Internet orders and anything over $80 get free shipping.

Dipesh said:
A loft that low would make it a really really scrubby brush.

I have a 25/53 blonde and it's just about perfect. It's 3mm more than what I'd normally go for but the hair is quite stiff, any less and it would be quite scratchy and way too scrubby.

I'd say you'd need to increase the loft around 2-4mm.

That's just my preference though.

The brush the next size up or I should say two sizes up would be another $40.

MF013 - The Morris & Forndran Style 1 Size 3 (Large) is a handmade brush with a lathe turned, hand polished handle in Imitation Porcelain. It is filled with a deluxe two-band grade of 100% silvertip badger that they call "Blonde Badger". It has very resilient bristles, yet soft tips.

Overall brush height: 103mm
Handle height: 50mm
Brush Loft: 53mm
Knot diameter: 26mm

Made in the United Kingdom

Back
Top Bottom