Moving on up

Hello everybody. New to the forum and I was looking for a little advice. I have been shaving with a DE razor for years now, passed on from my grandfather ball end 1920s Gillette. Although it is like an old friend I am interested in moving up the scale. I reall like open comb razors and am looking at the vintage end of things. I am looking at sourcing a Gillette senator or Sheraton. I also like the look of the open comb aristocrat but my attention has been peaked by the later adjustable types. I like an aggresive shave. What do you think? I am open to offers if anyone has any of the above going at the right price.

You could try a Gem open comb Micromatic, although it is a single edge razor. Very aggressive razor I found. Plenty on ebay for not a lot of money.

Or, if you want to stay with DE's, perhaps a Merkur 37c or 39c slant bar razor

toastwars said:
Hello everybody. New to the forum and I was looking for a little advice. I have been shaving with a DE razor for years now, passed on from my grandfather ball end 1920s Gillette. Although it is like an old friend I am interested in moving up the scale. I reall like open comb razors and am looking at the vintage end of things. I am looking at sourcing a Gillette senator or Sheraton. I also like the look of the open comb aristocrat but my attention has been peaked by the later adjustable types. I like an aggresive shave. What do you think? I am open to offers if anyone has any of the above going at the right price.

Can you show the pic of your razor??

Back
Top Bottom