My birth razor

British made Gillettes weren't date stamped in the same way the US ones were.

For a US Gillette you are looking for a date code of R, and if you are lucky Q, but they soon stopped using Q when they realised it looked like O and switched to using R for the year, then the number between 1 and 4 dictates the quarter of the year it was manufactured.

Randomly I have just bought a 1971 Super Adjustable from the bay, not because I wanted the year, but I wanted a Super Adjustable.

If I find a decent '74 version then I'll sell on the '71 version.

I believe your choices are

3 piece tech
Black Handle Super Speed
Black Handle Super Adjustable
The Knack

Lose the beard said:
British made Gillettes weren't date stamped in the same way the US ones were.

For a US Gillette you are looking for a date code of R, and if you are lucky Q, but they soon stopped using Q when they realised it looked like O and switched to using R for the year, then the number between 1 and 4 dictates the quarter of the year it was manufactured.

Randomly I have just bought a 1971 Super Adjustable from the bay, not because I wanted the year, but I wanted a Super Adjustable.

If I find a decent '74 version then I'll sell on the '71 version.

I believe your choices are

3 piece tech
Black Handle Super Speed
Black Handle Super Adjustable
The Knack

Thanks for the speedy reply ill hound the Bay untill I find one.

I know you wanted a Brit one, but I saw this on the international section of ebay.

1971 Gillette Long Handle Adjustable Safety Razor R-3 & Case with Spoiler Blades (wouldn't let me post the link)

u56rh said:
I know you wanted a Brit one, but I saw this on the international section of ebay.

1971 Gillette Long Handle Adjustable Safety Razor R-3 & Case with Spoiler Blades (wouldn't let me post the link)

I have bid on a black handle allready but ill have a butchers at that one cheers.

Back
Top Bottom