My New Favourite Blade......

Well i thought that the 1990's NOS Platinum "Swedes" i have were the best blades well a few days ago i found some vintage NOS Gillette Platinums from the 1970's...

Well i would class these as the GTi verson of my regular Blades, a great Blade with just that little extra something..........some of the nicest easiest shaves i have ever had.

now coming from a man who endorsed the now infamous "Jewell" Blade this post may not mean much.....but if you do see any of these...............hoover em all up as they are astounding !!!

a real pity that Blades of this quality are not made in the UK still.

Steve

1970%20(P1)%20Gillette%20Platinum%20stainless%20stell%20blade%20England.jpg

Sunburyboy93 said:
Well i thought that the 1990's NOS Platinum "Swedes" i have were the best blades well a few days ago i found some vintage NOS Gillette Platinums from the 1970's...

Well i would class these as the GTi verson of my regular Blades, a great Blade with just that little extra something..........some of the nicest easiest shaves i have ever had.

Yeah, I'm not surprised these are good ones, but I am a little shocked to hear how good they really are. Better than your previous favorite blade eh? Man, that was a lucky find, seeing as how blades are such a crapshoot.

Nice going there,

Martin

You know, the Canuck is a HUGE vintage blade fan.......huge!

Stan said:
Where should one be looking to find gems like these?

Hi Stan,

You'll have the best luck on ebay. Yeah, there's LOTS of vintage blades for sale, some good and some bad. Unless you know what to look for, it's not too hard getting some blades that aren't a particularly good fit. For example, there's probably at least 8-10 different old Wilkinsons out there. Matter of fact, one of our members will be doing some research of those goofy things...hopefully finished by 2020 at the latest. As you might imagine, not all of those blades shave the same.

In my case, I buy em from ebay, but sometimes I run into NOS blades at flea markets or estate sales here near Chicago.

I know this post isn't much help, and there's a bunch to learn about old blades. I could type for a while about that, but I am lazy, Maybe you could find some previous posts from other members and myself. There's some great blades out there.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom