My New Slant

Slant Barber Pole 39C

Well new to me after trading for my Slim Adjustable.

This razor scared me through the bubble-wrap it's that big. After leaving it for a couple of days to build up my courage I finally gave it a try. I've been using it for a week now and I don't believe I'll ever want another razor - to me it's that good.

Loaded up with my ever faithful Perma-Sharp, hot flannel and Proraso pre-shave then Proraso soap it was a good but not spectacular shave first time out. As I got more confident with it over the next few days it occurred to me that it needed more cushioning as it is so much heavier than my usual EJ86. I added a dab of The Real Shaving Co cream (£2.29 and better on my face than any of the luxury top-end creams I have tried), the result was the closest shave to date with no irritation, and only 2 passes with touch ups.

This is a superb razor and I didn't notice any of the famed strip to bone aggression - but I wouldn't want to be distracted whilst it's against the face.

Many thanks to Andrew for his help and advice.

An interesting post and really glad that you like your slant.
A very similar account in that i recently purchased a 37c slant and have also been trying this over the last week and this morning was the best yet. Loaded a Feather blade and after a shower had one of the best and smoothest shaves I have experienced so far.
Whilst I still have my 34c and progress which I will still use the slant is now my go to.
Cheers,
Geoff

I've just snagged a near-mint 37c off ebay for 15 quid delivered - at that price it seemed rude not to give it a go.

All the comments I'm hearing are really encouraging, and I can't wait to get back to the UK to give it a go - it'll be interesting to put it up against the Weber DLC when that arrives too.

I've been using the slim twist whilst I've been out here in Oz (as I didn't want to take more than 1 razor), but I'm missing the extra aggression I'm used to from the SS Red and the Goodwill.

Hopefully this will do the trick on my return!

I used a long handled slant with Feather blades & MWF soap for many years prior to Internet access & online purchasing. Like yourself I've never really understood the horrific rep slants can sometimes have. Glad this is working out for you.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom