My top lip...

Hit your nose with a hammer? smashes the cartilage and allows you to squash it flat.. :D

On a useful note, I am rather gentle with my upper lip, i do a WTG pass ATG then finally XTG, the ATG i start from the outside working my way into the middle.

Being blessed with what I am pleased to call a "Medici" nose I find it relatively easy to bend the organ to one side or another to admit the razor.
I believe there is a Mantic video on the subject.

cheese_dave said:
Unfortunately I have a "Depardieu", I require heavy lifting equipment to move it out of the way. There's a lot of shadow under it.

Lorenzo de Medici - that's what I call a nose! - no wonder he was called Lorenzo the Magnificent, and he was clean shaven.
(Never mind a set of razors - he probably had a set of barbers)!
As for Depardieu - one of the finest actors of his generation - did you not realise it was makeup?

The answer, my friend, is blade buffing.

I do three passes, re-lathering between each one from what is still left on the brush (for the final pass I squeeze the thick cream from out of the brush knot and apply by hand).

First, a wtg pass (i.e. down) as part of the whole face wtg 1st pass; second, a single xtg on each side (starting on the outside and moving in towards the middle); then a third and final series of blade buffing stroke atg (up and down), being careful not slide the razor but simply "scrub" back and forth in a series of short strokes starting at one side and going all the way across to the other side. Do not turn or rinse the razor as the build up of soap on and under the blade helps the lubrication.

And that is my top lip top tip.

HTH

Ollie

Millay said:
Hit your nose with a hammer? smashes the cartilage and allows you to squash it flat.. :D

:lol: Don't be afraid to shift your schnozzle or take up boxing, after a WTG pass I just go XTG a couple of times as already suggested whilst doing a Jade Goody impression.

Or you could just be born lucky like these two...

_45093630_league_bbc226i.jpg

:eek:

Top tips, guys, I just completed my nightly shave with my new Merkur 33G and a Feather in it, and I'm in Top Lip Heaven. Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom