Nanny's Silly Soap - Warm Spice (Signature)

I picked this one up because I generally enjoy spicy scents and sounded interesting.

Scent: I'm not able to identify each element of the scent, but I was able to get the cinnamon and coriander. I'm usually not crazy about herbs like coriander, I usually put it in the same category with parsley. But, in Nanny's Silly soap It's awesome. While other scents create the "warm" feeling, the coriander gives an aromatic/herbal scent that's enjoyable. It is strong enough so you will feel it during the shave, but not overpowering. 8/10
Lather: It was extremely easy to lather up. The soap is on the soft side, similar with Cella, and it gets into the brush very easy. It's very forgiving regarding the quantity of water used. 9/10
Performance: Holly cow. Probably the best soap I've ever used. Slick, extremely protective, great residual slickness. I used Fatip Grande, and the soap alone pushed me for the BBS. I'm usually fine with a fine shave, not looking for BBS, but this soap's qualities were really shining. Used the soap twice, and I really want through the different water contents. It performed good with less water and great with more water added. Even on the touch-up pass, with less lather, the thin layer was very protective. I did not felt any burn during the shave, and that's a relief. I'm usually getting burns with half of the soaps and creams I'm trying out. 10/10
Post shave:
It does not dry up the face, it feels great. The scent is felt a little, after the shave too. 9/10
Packaging: The soap's container is a tin jar. It looks awesome, but, I think that's not the best idea. It might work for solid soaps, but for croaps, the humidity inside the container can affect it. I received mine rusted on the inside. The cap was also deformed a little bit, so closing and opening up the container require some force applied. I would have enjoyed a plastic container much more. 4/10

Overall, very nice surprise. I will definitely try out another soap in the future.

Back
Top Bottom