New Blades Aquired!

Well just grabbed myself a bargin off 'The Bay'!

10 x Rapira

5 x Astra Superior Platinum

5 x Derbys

all these for 99p!

So I've never used the Rapiras or Astras before - can anyone tell me what they think of thses blades?
I like the Derbys I seem to get on quite well with these!

Dawson said:

10 x Rapira

5 x Derbys

all these for 99p!

So I've never used the Rapiras or Astras before - can anyone tell me what they think of thses blades?

Astras are amongst my favourites.

Dawson said:

10 x Rapira

5 x Derbys

all these for 99p!

I'm crap - I never come across stuff like this on the bay :icon_sad:

To be honest this was my first proper real deal haha! the item number was 320910107660 might be worth looking at the seller to see if they have other items now or in the future?

barlines said:
Dawson said:

10 x Rapira

5 x Derbys

all these for 99p!

I think i have some of all of these blades,if you P.M me your address i'll send you a sample pack with these and some others.

Dave.

trainman said:
barlines said:
Dawson said:

10 x Rapira

5 x Derbys

all these for 99p!

I think i have some of all of these blades,if you P.M me your address i'll send you a sample pack with these and some others.

Dave.

You sir, are a gent - I've tried the Derbys already and I'm not a great fan but the Astras and rapiras seem to get good feedback and area definately of interest. I've just started trying to find something that works for me in my ikon S3S - feather blades work great for in my feather AS for a mild shave but are wayyy too agressive for me in the ikon.

PM on its way.
Leon

astras are my fave, - ive tried feathers which are sharper & probably suit a tougher beard. the astra are smoother for me tho & i get a lovely bbs shave, with no nicks or burn, using mild razors like a tech, or on low setting (3) on a slim adjustable or fatboy.

rick. :)

Astras are my go-to blade, especially in the superspeed.

I quite rate the Supermax BlueDiamonds as well - they don't last as many shaves (maybe 2), but are very smooth and quite sharp. Shavemaxworld still have them for 7 quid for 350 but I believe you need to spend 12 quid for free shipping? So 700 blades for fourteen quid (2p a blade!) and free shipping - bargain!

I've just ordered a 100-stick of Rapiras (along with various creams/sticks to get better value from the 4 quid shipping) from bestshave as they were less than a fiver for 100 and I was curious.

As for the derbys - not for me ta.

I haven't tried the Rapiras before, and not tried Derby's since my early days of DE shaving - I wasn't keen, but i do need to try them again now.

Astra Platinum are my "Old Faithful" blade. They are certainly in my top blades and so i tend to snap them up in bulk when i see offers on. I used them almost exclusively for 6 & 1/2 months recently in more dustier climes.

Enjoy...

Back
Top Bottom