New DE shaver in the family

These days I seem to shaving with straight razors only , and have been trying to convert my son aged 22 to treat himself to a shave with one of my DE razors , to my suprise last night he actually asked if I would help him have his first DE shave , so out came my collection and he now has my Merkur Futur and a pile of blades a tub of Proraso soap and pre a wilkinson sword boar brush , the first shave lasted about an hour but the result was really good no nicks or cuts so he was well chuffed and I have to say so was I , the downside is I suppose my collection is going to start to disappear over the next months .

Steve

I'm 24 and I've been DE shaving for about a year now. I've convinced pa to go back to shaving brush and soap (namely TOBS creams thus far) - he has a Tech that I bought him but I haven't pushed him into using it. Meanwhile, I've somehow ended up with 4 razors, 4 brushes, 12 different soaps and cream, and over 50 different blades to sample! You never know then. You might well get your own back and end up siphoning off his stash!

Burgundy said:
I'm 24 and I've been DE shaving for about a year now. I've convinced pa to go back to shaving brush and soap (namely TOBS creams thus far) - he has a Tech that I bought him but I haven't pushed him into using it. Meanwhile, I've somehow ended up with 4 razors, 4 brushes, 12 different soaps and cream, and over 50 different blades to sample! You never know then. You might well get your own back and end up siphoning off his stash!

Now theirs somthing I'd never thought of :icon_razz:

theranger2000 said:
Burgundy said:

Now theirs somthing I'd never thought of :icon_razz:
Fortunately, I left home 6 years ago and live 100 miles away so my shaving gear is safe! I say fortunately but I don't mean it. A few bits and pieces going missing would be absolutely fine by me if it meant seeing the old man (and mum for that matter) more regularly! And, let's be fair, I do still destroy the contents of the fridge whenever I'm back!

Back
Top Bottom