NEW fridge freezer (FF) required/recommendation

I 'm not going to skimp on this purchase but American style walk in ice machine is not required or wanted plus restricted to 80cm width.

Generally tend towards German white goods borne out of my old 18 year old + Miele washing machine that I know is still going strong, mouse quiet Siemens larder fridge and problem free AEG washer dryer. There's a Liebherr FF I'm looking at but don't know much about them, might even go for a twin compressor model if I can find one as single compressor FF's always seem compromised despite claims to the contrary.

hunnymonster said:
Bosch here too - and separate fridge and freezer (fridge doesn't even have an icemaker compartment)

I thought about purchasing two separate units, eminently sensible. I 'd have to stack one on top of the other, that shouldn't be problematic should it?

antdad said:
hunnymonster said:
Bosch here too - and separate fridge and freezer (fridge doesn't even have an icemaker compartment)

I thought about purchasing two separate units, eminently sensible. I 'd have to stack one on top of the other, that shouldn't be problematic should it?

Well... if the freezer is "on top" and has drawers, the top drawer will be over 6ft from the ground (and obviously opening "upwards"). Conversely if the fridge is "on top" the top shelf will be min 6ft from ground level.

Important considerations if there's someone in the house that's a short arse.

:lol: Yeah that's not a problem, can be a useful feature having parts of the fridge that others cannot reach. :hungrig
I think two stacked under the counter appliances don't add up to much more than 1.7m ish whereas some of these combo FF's can be 2.0m tall and that certainly might pose a problem.

No, I was just thinking about two compressors humming away in an enclosed space without too much air flow, the space is actually a recess rather than a typically flat kitchen wall and it seems to act like a heat sink, not much I can do about that physically which is partly why I am keen to go for a quality appliances(s)

So long as there's an adequate gap for the warm air to escape at the top, it shouldn't be an issue... the better rated appliance you go for the less the compressors need to run anyway as they make it cold once and then the insulation keeps it cold (minus the times the door gets opened of course)

hunnymonster said:
So long as there's an adequate gap for the warm air to escape at the top, it shouldn't be an issue... the better rated appliance you go for the less the compressors need to run anyway as they make it cold once and then the insulation keeps it cold (minus the times the door gets opened of course)

Yeah it'll be fine. Just don't open the doors OK?

So standing in front of an open fridge for 5 minutes wondering what to eat or drink to fill the empty void = BAD

Okay right, got it, cheers. I meant thanks.

I don't think WOLF make refrigeration, see OP about American style dance in fridges + way out of my price range. ;)

All done now, found a nice NEFF with genuinely two compressors.

Do not post Not safe for work pictures anywhere except the NSFW section.It isn't very difficult now is it? :evil:

Back
Top Bottom