New Trumper Shaving Cream - Spanish Leather

Hi All,

Just received a mail from Trumpers. Looks like they have a shaving cream in Spanish Leather:

http://trumpers.com/monthly_feature.cfm

spanish-leather-shave-cream_small.jpg

Photo from Trumpers site.

Anyone tried it?

F

Not yet but I can do. I like a wee tube from TOBS every once in a while anyway so I might consider it just for shits and giggles.

I wonder if it's a similar scent to T+H's Spanish leather? In which case it might be a little old for me...

Quick story for you: I was in T+H's shop and talking to an assistant late last year and he told me that a wealthy middle aged man had recently come in and asked for a cologne for his young son's birthday. The lad was around the 19-20 age group... the assistant had suggested that if anything, 1805 was probably their "youngest" scent what with all the grapefruit / citrus angle, and the man listened, then disregarded the advice. He eventually bought Spanish Leather for his son. A fragrance that even T+H describe as evoking "dusty bookcases".

Bet that lad got zero pussy. Mention of leather and book cases always reminds me of Ron Burgundy.

Canuck said:
A fragrance that even T+H describe as evoking "dusty bookcases".

Mention of leather and book cases always reminds me of Ron Burgundy.

You wont want to try Le Labo Patchouli 24 then.

It smells exactly like a dusty old library full of leather-bound books.

Apparently.

joe mcclaine said:
Canuck said:

Apparently.

Funny you should mention P24; I was wearing it yesterday (blagged a sample from their lab). I actually think it smells great but definately not to everyones tastes. Challenging would be the right term I think. Its certainly not an airy fairy floral fragrance.

I recently tried some Chech and Speake Cuba - now that smelt a bit like a dogs fart to me :icon_cry2:. Very unpleasent to my untrained nose.

Le Labo Santal 33 is pretty good too, leathery, woody but lighter than P24.

F

Amazing, I love their Spanish Leather cologne and always wished they had this in a shaving cream. Not sure why it's 30p more expensive than the other creams but it's a small increase.

Speaking of library and old books, Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet always reminds me of when I used to visit the library in Leek when I was a kid. As soon as the assistant in the Penhaligon's shop in Chester handed me the paper with some sprayed on it, I looked at her and said, "Leek Library!".

Trumper's Spanish Leather isn't like that at all. It's just warm and soapy.

Ian

This will be the same as the other Trumpers creams. Will provide an adequate shave with an excellent scent. However, won't be worth the higher price tag IMO.

Mrs PC loves the Trumers Spanish Leather scent. I'm not quite so in to it but spray it on anyhow just to keep in her good books. It is a little fusty for my taste but I think it makes sense to make a cream to match - never understood why it wasn't available before.

joe mcclaine said:
Canuck said:

Apparently.

perfect present for grandad then, he has always got his nose deep in a book

shanky887614 said:
joe mcclaine said:
Canuck said:

Apparently.

perfect present for grandad then, he has always got his nose deep in a book

To be honest I was disappointed in the tube I received, I found it to lack body in the scent and also the lather wasn't great having tried different brushes and loading more cream didn't help any
I'd rather stick to my coconut oil cream much nicer IMO

All the best

Back
Top Bottom