Next Razor

OK guys, I could do with some help please. As a fairly new DE shaver of 2 months I'm currently using an EJ89 which I have paired with some Supermax Blue Diamond and am very pleased with the shave. I have also tried the Wilkinsons (Boots), Derbys, Astra SP & a Feather. I didn't get on with the Feather at all, too much irritation, but will revisit the Astra shortly.

The question is what, if any, razor should I get next? Having read the numerous threads in the forum I suspect that a mild razor and blade is absolutely fine for me, so is there any point in getting another?

I shall go with the general consensus of opinion and use that as my Christmas 'wish list'.

Thanks in advance

Matt

You're happy for now so I'd say don't bother but carry on exploring different blades, when you really get the itch the question will definitely be what and not if and there's plenty of other shaving paraphernalia you can stick on a Xmas list.

Maybe consider an old adjustable - these are freely available and relatively cheap and give you even more scope for experimenting with blades at different settings.

Well thanks very much for all the quick replies & it seems to be shaping up between wait until the itch is incurable or try a vintage Gillette.
I will keep trying different blades & have some that I haven't used yet, but I think I may start looking for a vintage Gillette of my birth year too. That will take some time & keep the itch at bay!

Cheers
Matt

Back
Top Bottom