Not Happy with Knayton Hall

Hi

After reading about the questionable quality of the Knayton Hall shave cream, I grabbed some Palmolive in Morrisons.

Wow the difference is night and day, it also helps being a soft cream as daily shaving does not leave much stubble on the face to work up a lather. So bowl mixing is better for me.

Quite keen to try some Arko and Derby cream if they are any good?

Arko soap is the standard by which I judge all other soaps.
(The Arko cream in a tube is excellent too)
Where some people prefer a scented soap, I don't mind at all.
Performance is what it is all about.
If I want a scent, I'll use a nice aftershave.
Seemple.

Rod

My local T K Maxx has got the "Sport" version left. All on its own, alongside a St James Of London Founders Reserve. It surprises me the St James one is still on the shelf. But there were quite a few Knayton Hall creams left until recently, and the ingredients look a bit dubious - chemical after chemical. If I was down to my last squidge I might well have bought the Knayton Hall, but thanks for your post.

If it has a huge ingredient list it's probably made by Pecksniff's, best avoided.

Ah...here you go.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/244747-Knayton-Hall-Soaps

Following on from me not getting on well with Knayton Hall, I purchased some Palmolive which is really good, some Body Shop Mecca Roots which is excellent.

Last night I tried Arko Cool (had to get it sent from Turkey) with a new Gillette 7 Yellow, this combo demolished a few days worth of growth with ease and no soreness at all!

With antdad's idea of cutting a piece of soap off and placing it in the bowl; I find that if your bowl is micro wave safe , a second or two spreads it across the bottom nicely. But be careful of the time it softens very very quickly. I do mine the night before and it's all set for the morning.

Back
Top Bottom