Old Spice Lime

Some of you may have noticed I have a fixation with lime.

In the spirit of that I've been searching for a cologne that contains or compliments lime without being just simply lime.

At the moment my favourite candidate is TOBS 74 Victorian Lime which smells great. I don't feel though that it's the best smell of lime in the world, I feel that I've not yet discovered it so I'm on the lookout.

I was buying some Old Spice Lime shaving cream from India and I also picked up a 100ml bottle of aftershave at the same time.

What does it smell like? Not very much like lime. Today I'm wearing a healthy dose of 74 Lime and 12 hours later I can still smell it on myself. I can't pick out the lime in Old Spice Lime - I shall need to try with a clean nose. However I did put some on the back of my hand a few hours ago and the smell is lingering well and I'm becoming quite attached to it.

However it does smell of old spice. To me that's a distinctive smell. To my nose it's not a blend of other scents (which of course it is) but it's a single entity, like lime or Mr Taylor's or parma violets. I cannot drill down into the smell to identify anything else.

If you asked me last week - do you remember old spice when you were a boy and do you like it the answer would have been yes and no.

My question is this - will I ever be able to accept the smell on merit or will I always think "Ah yes but it's old spice and you don't think you like old spice" and will other people...

Am I a scent snob?

I bought some Old Spice recently, initially for fun. I discovered that I like it. It works as an AS. Other people seem to like it without knowing what it is.

It has an undeserved stigma in my opinion.

Hve you tried Old Spice Champion? I have a bottle I bought from savers earlier this year. This might offer another twist on the lime theme given that Proctor & Gamble make it (the P&G old spice is quite different from the indian stuff).

Old Spice fresh lime's one of my favorite ASs, it's brilliant when you get one of those "raw" shaves. Great stuff, even though the scent isn't the best around.

Back
Top Bottom