Omega #10049 review

I am kind of newbie in to wetshaving. I had started my shaving brush journey from boots getting a men-u brush. It was not bad but not good either and I thought of going for something nice.

I was not a part of this forum in those days and hence I combed ebay for a cheap badger brush and got one delivered to me for £6. It was pure badger and guess what I liked the little fellow. I tried different experiments with him and it was going fine.

I slowly started my collection of shaving gear and I realized that I was having more soaps than creams and the badger brush was not up to the mark in lathering soaps.

I had decided by that time that I wanted a good silvertip (Yeah jump right to the top) So I contacted beejay and he made me a nice silvertip badger brush. It was amazing with my creams and was pretty good with the soaps also. Just the feeling of those nice soft brush on my face was magic but I was still not that satisfied with the soap part (The main reason for this is I cannot apply force while loading soap on my silvertip because I am too much in love with it and hence afraid I might hurt my beautiful brush).

So I thought that I would get a good boar brush for my soaps and see if that works. (Read in quite a lot of forums that boars are good for soaps) So I ordered a Omega 49 from Maguires Barbershop (e-bay seller £9 delivered).

The Brush was huge and the bristles contrary to my beliefs was very soft.
I soaked the brush in pretty hot water for some time and tried it on a crabtree soap which I had pronounced as dead with my old badger experience (It always created a soapy lather maybe because I could never load enough soap without applyng much force). The Omega just dug on to the soap and it started making huge amounts of real thick lather in no time. I was literally dumbstruck as I had thought that the boar would take some time to break in and show its full potential and here it was creating so much thick lather as though it was from a can.

If this boar can whip such a bad ass lather in its first try I cannot wait to see how in behaves a little later.

I still love my badger brush from beejay as it is a beautiful piece. But I think that it is going to be sitting on the shelf for some time..

So just one thing to all you guys out there who does not have a good boar. Go and get one and you would be happy you did it.

Hope I did not rant too much...

My New Omega #10049
omegapro49whitewt.jpg

My Le Tuft Silvertip
P1030447.jpg

Attachments

• omegapro49whitewt.jpg
    omegapro49whitewt.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 16
I was asked recently by a customer to buy one for him, remove the knot and fit it to a replicated handle made from Walnut.
It is a big brush and terrific value for money I reckon, and it appears to have quite a loyal following of users.
Enjoy it young man.
regards, beejay

Back
Top Bottom