Online storage/backup

hunnymonster said:
DPTC said:
Does anyone know any good online backup sites to store word/excel documents and the like? Been using the free Dropbox service that only gives you 2GB and I'm running out of space. The upgrade is £7.99 a month but I don't think I'll need 1000GB. More like half of that, if even that, maybe 250 max.
Have you got an Android device? If so install Maibox & Carousel. Run both once to claim your free 1GB & 3GB upgrades to your Dropbox account. Uninstall and you now have 4GB extra for free.

There are probably equivalent apps on the IOS store...
Yes I do, and that's a very crafty trick! Cheers! Think I'll stick t Google Drive which gives me 15GB for free but I guess I can have 2 separate storage locations in case one goes bust or whatever.

I pay 2$/month for google drive, I backup there all my pictures and videos and whatever I need. I don't remember how much space I have but I never run out of it

I bought a Western Digital MyCloud. It just connects to my router at home and I can access it from anywhere. 4TB of storage and it's at home. They aren't the best on the market but are ideal for my uses. As it has its own CPU it also streams 1080p movies straight to my Samsung Smart TV.

Or if you like to have a bit of a tinker you could always make your own Raspberry Pi Owncloud setup :)

Back
Top Bottom