Parker 45 and jotters from boot sale

I've not been to a car boot sale for many months and as I had the day off work I went along to my local one.
I saw one razor case, that had seen better days and with no razor, so was just heading home when I saw a guy selling a lot of pens.
After a good rumage through I picked up the following:
Parker 45 mech pencil in brushed s/steel with gold trim, in single case.
Parker 45 ball point and fountain pen, matching the pencil, gold trim, double case. Nib looks new, cartridge is empty, so need to buy another re-fil adapter.
I then had a hanful (about 8) jotters and mech pencils, all s/s in various states of repair, but he wanted too much for them each and wouldn't budge too much on the price, so I settled on 2x s/s jotters, one inked up inside, the other stiff. One dated Y1 with the parker oval and arrow on the end cap, made in England, other dated L.1 with the P flourish on the end cap, made in UK.
And finally a very slim, not sure if its classed as a jotter or not, again stainless. No date code, but on the end cap is a red white and blue emblem, looks like an old British Airways promotional pen (or maybe Concord pilot standard issue pen????).
Overall the bundle cost me £26, which I didn't think was too bad. I wish I could have justified having a few more of the jotters. Maybe next time...
Will get photos up after I have given them a soak in the ultrasonic.

Got a new Parker ink converter, fitted to the Parker 45 fountain, filled up with blue Quink.
Been using it at work this last few days and I must say its a beauty. Very smooth. I doubt its had much use.
Its a medium nib, but writes much finer and drier than my Parker 25 medium.
It looks classy with the slightly turned stainless barrel, gold trim.
I'm not a fan of shrouded nibs, but its growing on me. Really pleased with this boot sale find.

Back
Top Bottom