Pears soap

slrjona said:
Does anyone eles use this soap as a pre-wash/shave?.

Yes, been using Pears for my pre wash shave, for the last 2 weeks, nothing special, nothing that normal bath soap would not achieve, still it's cheap so no great loss.

Kevin

I remember trying this soap as a shaving soap back in the 1990s in my first foray in DE shaving.

Printed on the inside of the box was information about Pears products, including their shaving stick and using a saucer for lathering up in. It could be why the soap has the indentention on the top and bottom, because maybe it could also be used for shaving with.

Tim B said:
I remember trying this soap as a shaving soap back in the 1990s in my first foray in DE shaving.

Printed on the inside of the box was information about Pears products, including their shaving stick and using a saucer for lathering up in. It could be why the soap has the indentention on the top and bottom, because maybe it could also be used for shaving with.

That's so that when your soap is running out, you can press the sliver that's left of your old bar into the recess of the new bar and nothing is wasted.

Smell The Glove said:
Tim B said:

That's so that when your soap is running out, you can press the sliver that's left of your old bar into the recess of the new bar and nothing is wasted.

^^^^THIS^^^

Sorry for digging this up again but is it really true that pears has changed so much? I know it's made in India now and still has to be stored while it clarifies. It still smells and looks the same as it did when I was a child. In what way has it changed?

Re: RE: Pears soap

Prius111 said:
I have been using this one for years:

Droyt's original moisturising glycerine soap, still made in the U.K since 1937.

Charles U.K

Thanks for the suggestion Charles. What does it smell like? Is pears glycerin based as well?

I tried Pears as a pre-shave - left my skin really tight and dry no matter how much I rinsed. I ended up binning it as it affected me in the same way used as a bath soap.

Darren said:
Prius111 said:
I have been using this one for years:

Droyt's original moisturising glycerine soap, still made in the U.K since 1937.

Charles U.K

Thanks for the suggestion Charles. What does it smell like? Is pears glycerin based as well?

It has a faint hint of Lime's, as far as I am aware this is only available from: Carbolic Soap Company U.K

Charles U.K

Back
Top Bottom