Plating works!

TeP

Just wanted to let everyone see the fruits of my labours, and Dave's exquisite Bright Nickel plating. My once filthy, pitted, and with quite a bit of plating loss, Fat Boy. Has now pride of place by my kit.

As returned to me, Then after putting the red spring back in, and rebuilding. -

I can't recommend Dave's work highly enough.

I've got a nickel replated Slim and a #15 Aristocrat in rhodium that Dave replated for me waiting at the sorting office for me to pick up in the morning. I can't freaking wait!

edit: also, your avatar make me flick my screen because I thought there was a beastie crawling on it! :)

Congrats on the great job on The Fatboy, it looks fantastic. But just as a point of interest, when a razor is replated does the new plating obscure any of the identifying information on the razor itself ie. Patent numbers and date of manufacture. The reason I ask is that I'm considering having a couple of adjustables replated but still want all I.d's visible. Any information would be gratefully accepted. Thank you. Denzle.

Denzle said:
Congrats on the great job on The Fatboy, it looks fantastic. But just as a point of interest, when a razor is replated does the new plating obscure any of the identifying information on the razor itself ie. Patent numbers and date of manufacture. The reason I ask is that I'm considering having a couple of adjustables replated but still want all I.d's visible. Any information would be gratefully accepted. Thank you. Denzle.

Hi Denzle, metal plating is no different to a good paint job. If there is any mark on the underlying metal you will see it in the plate. Even a ding from some mishap. So yes, all the ID marks will be left, my razor had a couple of dings in the top of the butterfly doors, said it was in bad nick didn't I. I had used fine wet & dry paper initially, then I guess Dave must have buffed the metal up after stripping. You can see the result, a beautiful job.

Back
Top Bottom