Preserved Lemons - recipes?

Preserved in lots of salt and lemon juice. Been a week and a half so far, and all looking good in the jar, although I think it should be left for at least a month - fingers crossed. They're cut up into quarters. I gather it's the peel that is used; but in what? I know it's a Moroccan thing; but although I make a Moroccan lamb thingy have no idea whether this would fit in, or how much to use.
Anyone have any esperience with these? They're not pickled.....although I believe that happens too.

Lamb Tagine - haven't dared look or open mine as they've been in the store cupboard for 3 years and I'm not overly keen on lamb.

I think you can use all parts though, just chop em up and use as part of seasoning, sauce or stuffing, I suspect you will need to be cautious about the general level of seasoning when you are using them.

I'll give them a try in a couple of weeks. In my strange fascination with the idea of preserving lemons, I've ended up with 6 quartered lemons in a 1L jar, so I'll have to get creative with ideas of what on earth to do with them. The vid I looked at made by a Moroccan said to rinse them before use, so that would lessen the saltyness I suppose. I'll post on the results.

Urban Hermit, you still need to empty your empty PM folders to receive PMs.....I know these things.

Back
Top Bottom