Problems with Slim Adjustable?

You know how to under clock so if its a seized bottom plate not sure mineral oil bath will loosen it in which case you need to work it free quite forcibly or stick it in an ultrasonic.

Failing that I'll have a look at it for you if you cover postage.

Thanks for the offer, I may well take you up on it.

I'll clean it up and take another look. If not I'll send you a pm for details and see if you can find out what's wrong (if anything).

I've cleaned the slim up and it appears on first inspection that the blade is now more exposed on a 9 setting to that on a 1.

I'm hoping this may result in better shaves.

I'm finishing off using my '65 Superspeed rotation this week, and then I'm away for 9 days. I'll try the Slim then.

Thanks for all the advice and fingers crossed, I can get the kind of smooth shaves I think I can.

As a confirmed SE user now I have to happily admit to thoroughly enjoying my Slim when I (regularly) give it an outing. Hope you've now managed to sort it out as, when it is operating as it should, it truly is a most enjoyable shaver.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

So Antdad kindly offered to look at my slim. This week I was able to use it, as I was changing my rotation.

What a different razor. I had a tug-free, snag-free shave. I didn't have time to have a truly lazy shave and make the most of it, but the shave I had was so much better than before.

So big thanks go to Antdad for offering to look at and take the time to 'correct' whatever was wrong. I'm looking forward to future shaves with the slim.

Ah good, you never quite know how it's going to shave after being straightened and it had taken a heavy knock at one end producing an uneven blade gap. Nothing that a bit of forceful persuasion with a flat screwdriver couldn't rectify, it is a nice example too so glad it's back on the road.

YorkNeil said:
I had similar experiences to yourself and in the end, after different settings, blades and soap combos, came to the reluctant acceptance that this razor wasn't for me. In fact none of the vintage razors seem to suit me unfortunately. I now use a Merkur Slant as my daily shave with an EJ89 as an alternative and have none of the problems I had with the vintages.

Best of luck getting it sorted.

That worked out well for both of us. You weren't loving the Slim, I wasn't loving the Slant. One swap later and we're both happy!

OP, fingers crossed you're sorted now.

Cheers Fella, I hope so.

I so wanted to enjoy the Slim (its a birthyear razor) but the uneven blade gap was making shaving uncomfortable. Hopefully now it can be in the rotation and used a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom