Prof. Blighty's Formula 31 AS

OK - so the second part of my order from Martin.

I used this earlier in the morning, just after the postie handed it over. The packaging, much like the soap, is very good with a nice hefty glass bottle which holds a good amount of AS - 100-150ml I think.

The scent I went for was Almond as I read somewhere that almond oil is an emollient, thus being very good for soothing skin. The scent is much like that of marzipan, which I love, so that was a big plus with me. Instantly after putting it on after my shave I could just feel it working, closing all my pores - a nice tingle for around 10 seconds and then disappearing instantly. I read somewhere that the Prof. put witch hazel in one of his previous ranges, but don't know whether this one does? It feels very good though now and no drying of the skin whatsoever. The scent when you immediately put it on is a strong marzipan scent, so if you don't like this then probably go for one of his others (he has loads of different scents in this range for both the soap and AS). After I would say about 10-20 mins the scent dies down slightly and IMHO becomes much more rounded. I'm not very good with basenotes etc, but after a couple of hours wearing it, I can notice a lovely distant sugared almond - marzipan smell, whilst my skin feels amazing.

I recommend this to anyone and if almond isn't for you, then go for one of his others. For the price, it's win-win in my opinion.

Hope this helps,

Adam

I bet it will be fantastic.

I'm really tempted in getting Formula 31 gear but just holding out a little longer as i've got some bits I haven't even used yet!

Back
Top Bottom