Professor Blighty's Christmas Pudding After Shave

Firstly, Martin's service is top class. Delivery was incredibly quick and I think Postman Pat could have played a game of footie with the parcel without causing any damage to the contents.

Bottle: I like this. Good shape fairly heavy.
Box & Label: Nice, plain and simple. Others have commented that labelling on Professor Blighty's products could be bolder, this one's actually very good.
Scent: Straight out of the bottle this is strong, very very strong. I find it hard to describe scents but my first impression is of something very sweet. The good news is that it quickly settles down and becomes less overpowering. After a few minutes the overall lasting smell is pleasant, sweet and earthy (nutmeg?). It reminds me of the scent of my wife's Christmas candles, a sort of mulled wine spicyness
Longevity: I found that I could still smell it, albiet fairly faintly, after several hours. IMHO that's good - I like an after shave that lasts
Performance: Excellent! There was the usual slight stinging when applied but that quickly disappeared leaving my face feeling smooth and soft. That's a plus from my wife too (I think it's called ' kissably soft' :) )
General comments: This is meant to be a fun product for Christmas and, as such, it fits the bill perfectly. I wouldn't wear it year round but for a few weeks leading up to Christmas I'll be using it most days. Appropriate for the time of year, like having the house decorated with tree and lights , Christmas ringtones, seasonal music etc.

If I had to sum it all up in one word? Christmassy!

HOWDY

I DID NOT KNOW MARTIN HAD ADDED THIS UNTILL READING YOUR REVIEW. WAS INTIGUED SO ORDERED ONE.
HAD A HARD TIME DEFINING THE SMELL AT FIRST BUT SETTLED ON IT BEING LIKE A SWEET RUM OR BRANDY SAUCE.
A BIT HEADY FOR A FEW MINUTES, BUT VERY NICE.

RUSS

Back
Top Bottom