Prototype for Urban Hermit...

Here's a prototype for a Simmons-inspired brush for UH:

5544558512_8c64a85ff2_z.jpg

it's a 16mm Best Badger knot set in unknown wood (I really must label some of the odd bits in the shed!)

UH has his eye on a different knot, and fancier wood so this one will be in BST later on!

Chris

Hi Chris,
Nice to have you back - at last - after your move.
I take it you now have a workshop again, bet you're pleased about that....

Nice brush,, but you should have told Urban the wood came from a handrail in the Titanic or something equally rare and he'd have paid you a lot more,,,these Canuks believe anything you tell them :)
Only kidding John :D
regards, beejay

Haha! John is going for a lacewood handle on the final product, which apparently is a nightmare to turn... so we'll see!

I spent more time yesterday getting the tools sorted out and finding chuck keys etc than I did actually turning!

Lacewood from the same bedroom as that starlet was in, in that recent-ish movie ... thing ...
  • what I never watched cause somebody gave the ending away for me
    • (SPOILER: the ship sank). [/list:u][/list:u]
      • The wood neo is making the set from, was actually Used by that very same starlet, but not for the makers intended use.
          • She ... um. ... well, just never mind that.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

It will be interesting to see the lacewood handle. My experience with London plane is that you have to cut it rather carefully to get the full ray figure (same goes for beech), so I'd expect a narrow stripe of flashes on either side of the brush, with the figure fading out on either side of the stripe. Could be a Bridget Riley sort of effect.

Back
Top Bottom