Rainbow blades, opinions?

Hello all

In one of my previous threads, NotTheStig mentioned ordering rainbow super stainless blades.

Has anyone tried these, or NTS have you had a chance to try them yet?

I've found some on ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rainbow-Super-Stainless-Safety-Razor-Blades-X-20-UK-STOCK-/390536492488?pt=UK_Health_HairRemoval_RL&hash=item5aedc9f5c8&_uhb=1

and for the little price was tempted. Has anyone tried these, and if so what are they comparable to?

Many Thanks

Alex

Saving them for my birthday, not that it's a big part of the celebration or anything! Will let you know in about a month but I think someone said they were like Racer which are actually pretty good despite their low price

NotTheStig said:
Saving them for my birthday, not that it's a big part of the celebration or anything! Will let you know in about a month but I think someone said they were like Racer which are actually pretty good despite their low price

Thanks Carl. It will be interesting to know, I haven't used an awful lot of blades yet so anything to widen my knowledge would be great. I hope they turn out to be a nice birthday surprise :icon_biggrin:

782sirbrian said:
Connaught has them quite cheap:

http://www.connaughtshaving.com/rainss.html

Brian

Thanks Brian. I saw them on there, then found them for 2.99 (for 20) on eBay with 75p shipping, if (it's never an if, it's a when) I order more from connaughts I'll probably add them on then, but I wouldn't buy them exclusively from there because of the postage. I still have 9 different blades I have to try at the moment, with 2 more on their way! :blush:

NotTheStig said:

Yep that would probably be me.

I had a pack of Rainbow in sampler pack from Connaught and used all 5 of them up. I like them, smooth and fairly sharp albeit not as good as Gillete Yellows or Astra, imo, of course.

I didn't buy them in bulk as I found them very similar to Racer from the same stable but Racer are sold in packs of 10 so decided to go for them instead. I also found the Asco very similar as well. I could have happily bought 100 of any of these three blades but in the end it was simply down to the 10 blades per pack. I don't think I could differentiate between the three blades and regardless of Razor, R41, Fatip or EJ DE86, I always had a nice, smooth, comfortable shave.

I found them much smoother than shark SC, Lord SC and Lord Platinum and yet seemed to get just as good a shave from them.

Griffo said:
NotTheStig said:

I had a pack of Rainbow in sampler pack from Connaught and used all 5 of them up. I like them, smooth and fairly sharp albeit not as good as Gillete Yellows or Astra, imo, of course.

I didn't buy them in bulk as I found them very similar to Racer from the same stable but Racer are sold in packs of 10 so decided to go for them instead. I also found the Asco very similar as well. I could have happily bought 100 of any of these three blades but in the end it was simply down to the 10 blades per pack. I don't think I could differentiate between the three blades and regardless of Razor, R41, Fatip or EJ DE86, I always had a nice, smooth, comfortable shave.

I found them much smoother than shark SC, Lord SC and Lord Platinum and yet seemed to get just as good a shave from them.

Thanks Griffo, I'm yet to try any of them blades, the racer nor the asco, so I may give these a go. I probably won't buy these in bulk then as I have around 85-90 Astras, and loads of different blades on their way. Thanks for the information, it's enough to tempt me to try them, despite all I have coming :-/

SmallBeard said:
Griffo said:
NotTheStig said:

Thanks Griffo, I'm yet to try any of them blades, the racer nor the asco, so I may give these a go. I probably won't buy these in bulk then as I have around 85-90 Astras, and loads of different blades on their way. Thanks for the information, it's enough to tempt me to try them, despite all I have coming :-/

If you want to try some Racer blades then let me know and I'll slip a couple in the post to you. I've also got some Big Ben, Shark and Silver Star as well. You're more than welcome to have a couple of blades of each if you would like to try them rather than buying them.

Griffo said:
SmallBeard said:
Griffo said:
NotTheStig said:

If you want to try some Racer blades then let me know and I'll slip a couple in the post to you. I've also got some Big Ben, Shark and Silver Star as well. You're more than welcome to have a couple of blades of each if you would like to try them rather than buying them.

The generosity of people here never fails to amaze me. If it is ok with you I would love that. I'll send you a message with some of the blades I have, if they're anything you haven't tried yet I'd be happy to return the favour and send you some of them.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom