Recommend Silvertip

I'm sorry for dropping by, but nevertheless i though opening a thread just to ask a question would not make much sense, since this one is talking about Silvertips.

Whats your opinions regarding Semogue Silvertips (730, 2015...)?

It's a fact that i don't see too many people talking about them, but i've got the feeling that they're not considered quite good, am i wrong?

Mr.Draper87 said:
I thought the kent bk2 was not silvertip as it says pure badger on the handle, sorry I don't know much about brushes. Was looking for something more for using with soaps as I tend to use them a lot more nowadays instead of creams. Maybe a brush that is more denser and I'm not a big fan of the handle on the kents aswell so something different there.

Yes you're right the bk2 is labelled pure and made with pure hair, the rest of the Kent BK range is silver tip bit is also labelled pure such is the confused and non standardisation of labelling amongst manufacturers. "Silver-tip" hair maybe the finest/softest available but it might not be the most appropriate choice, on your budget you should be able to commission or purchase a brush with "2 band Super" hair. This hair type has more "back bone" and is more resilient without being course or prickly and generally thought to be a better choice for use with soaps.

ThePortugalOnlineShop said:
I'm sorry for dropping by, but nevertheless i though opening a thread just to ask a question would not make much sense, since this one is talking about Silvertips.

Whats your opinions regarding Semogue Silvertips (730, 2015...)?

It's a fact that i don't see too many people talking about them, but i've got the feeling that they're not considered quite good, am i wrong?

I think that's more to do with Semogue being a renowned maker of boar brushes but if memory serves me correctly the Semogue silvertips are of limited knot size (21mm?) , relatively high loft (>50mm?) and not very dense which isn't the most attractive specification.

antdad said:
I think that's more to do with Semogue being a renowned maker of boar brushes but if memory serves me correctly the Semogue silvertips are of limited knot size (21mm?) , relatively high loft (>50mm?) and not very dense which isn't the most attractive specification.

That must be it. Indeed all of them are 22mm knot and over 55mm loft. So only for those who really enjoy these measurements.

The HD versions of the Silvertip brushes are very nice brushes. I have a 730HD and a 2040HD.

They have more density than a Kent BK4, the two EJ brushes I had in Super and the Silvertip and High Mountain New Forest brushes I owned.

My preference is for Simpsons brushes in Best or 3 Band Super and Semogue boars at the moment so the Semogues badgers don't get used that much at all.

missingskin said:
Mr.Draper87 said:
Thanks for the help guys. Just been looking at the brushes made by Rod Neep they look amazing especially love the look of the Masur Birch brushes. Think one of these will definitely be my new brush.

If you can wait until tomorrow I will post a pic of one I just had made.

Pics of new brush in acquisitions if you want a look...........

Back
Top Bottom